WIND TUNNEL T-324
* Basic performances : subsonic, closed circuit, low turbulent.
* Location : Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics,
Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia.
* Type, dimensions and
form of working section: closed, rectangular, 1x1x4 m.
* Speed (Mach number) : 2-80 m/sec.
* Reynolds number per 1 m: 0,13 * 10^6 < Re < 5,3 * 10^6 .
* Way of speed (Mach)
changing : automatic from analog control.
* Type of compressor : direct current, 640 kW.
* Type and capacity of
engine : axial, 1-staged, 20 wooden blades.
* Material of WT
construction : aviation plywood.
* What kinds of
possible? : Forces and moments, pressure distribution,
smoke wire visualisation, oil-soot
visualization, noise distribution,
* What types of sensors
are used to sense
pressure, noise, etc? : - One-component balances +-25 N,
- single-X- and V-hot wires of different sizes.
* Type of computer for
data processing and
collecting : Macintosh Classic II,
Macintosh LC II with mathematical coprocessors.
* Are there high speed
cameras available to
record visual information? Yes.
* Staff : 2 persons. Highly trained technician headed by
an engineer. Phone: 3832-35-42-78.
* Translators : seven research scientists with experience of
working abroad in the field of aerodynamics.
* Have WT manger who can
meet the security needs
of a customer as well as
the basic needs from
the testing company for
proteeting the item being
tested? : Yes.
* Have WT accomodations
for test teams, housing
and food? : Yes.
* Nearest hotel, available
for test team accomodation: "Zolotaya dolina" ("Gold valley") hotel,
15 minutes from the Institute.
* Most known previous
customers : Ministry for fuel and energetic of Russia,
Scientific and Technical association "Molniya".
* Most known planes,
vehicles or other devices,
tested in resent years: Magnus effect wind engine, rotating cylinders.
* Time for preparing tests
from getting the model: 3 days.
* Price for staff/per week: 200 dollars.
* Price for tunnel
space/per week : 300 dollars.
* Other capabilities of WT:- Turbulence level control from 0.01% to
- Testing of several models simultaneously;
- Testing of models to 4 m size in the tunnel
* Climate, temperature
variations at the place
of WT location : continental; +30 -30C.
* Transportation from
cargo terminal to WT : Institute cargo department.
* Have you any photos,
diagrams of WT that we
could use in US to market