WIND TUNNEL T-325
* General description :this wind tunnel is supersonic, blow down,
running time 60 min, low level of disturbances.
* Location :630090, Russia, Novosibirsk, 4/1 Ul.
* Type, form of section,
dimensions of working
sections : closed, square, 200*200*600 mm.
* Speed (Mach number) : M=0.6-4.
* Reynolds number : (5-100)*1000000 [1/m].
* Method of control : 7 changeable nozzles M=0.6-1.2;1.5;2;2.5;3;3.5;4.
* Type and power of
motor : none
* Description of
ventilator : none
* Material of wind
tunnel walls : steel
* Possible measurements: pressure distributions, hot-wire, calorimetric,
visualization: soot-oil coatings, sublimated
coatings, interferograms, shadow graphs.
* Measuring devices : - 3 dimensions traverse gear for moving probe,
hot-wire constant current or temperature with
frequency range up to 200 kHz;
- hot-wire probes with diameter of wire 3;4.5;6 mkm;
- 10 bit AD converter 1 mks with memory on 4096
- 8 bit AD converter 0.05 mks with memory on 4096
- optical shadow device.
* Type of computer for
data processing and
collecting : - DVK 3.2 (analog PDP 11/34) connected with
CAMAC for automatic control of parameters flow,
co-ordinates of probes, measurement of pulsations
and mean flow;
- IBM PC /AT 486DX33.
* Is there high speed
camera available to
information : No
* Operating staff : 4 scientific researchers and technician are headed
by Alexander Kosinov ; phone (8-383-2)-35-69-28
* Translators : 4 researchers with education in field of
aerophysics. One of them has experience of the
* Has WT manager who can
meet the security needs
of a customer as well as
the basic needs from
the testing company for
protection the item
being tested? : Yes.
* Has WT accomodations
for test teams, housing
and food? : Yes.
* Nearest hotel for test
team accomodation : The hotel is 15 minutes' walk from WT
* Most known previous
customers : NPO "Molniya" (BURAN-Shuttle), TsAGI,
* Most known planes,
vehicles or other
devices, tested in
recent years : plate, cone, wing profile.
* Time of preparing tests
from getting the model : one week.
* Price for staff per week: 250$
* Price for tunnel
operation per week : 5000$
* Other capabilities of WT: changing of flow temperature not more than 1
degree, cooling of models, input and investigation
of controlled flow disturbances.
* Climate, temperature
variations : continental , tC -30 +30.
* Transportation from
cargo terminal to WT : Institute cargo department.
* Have you any photos of WT? Yes.