Hypersonic wind tunnel T-326
* General characteristics: hypersonic blow-down wind tunnel with Eiffel chamber.
Ohmic air heater for
M<= 10 and plasma heater for M>=12
* Location: ITAM SB RAS, 630090, Novosibirsk,
Institutskaya Str., 4/1
* Type, cross-section,
test section dimensions: Eiffel chamber, nozzle diameter - 200 mm.
Removable axisymmetric contoured nozzles for
M=6,8,10,12 and 14.
Conic nozzle for M=14.
* Unit Reynolds number: <=4x10^6
* Way of speed changing : A system for automated maintainance of assigned
drag pressure and temperature
* Gas holders : 4400 m^3x20 atm and 100 m^3x200 atm.
* Type and capacity of
engine : Heaters driven by motor-generator 6000 MWt and
thyristor converter 14 kVx100 A
* Material of test
section walls : stainless steel.
* Available measurements : heat flux distribution on the model surface,
pressure distribution with external gages,
* Type of measurement
devices : - external cooled three-component balance based
on alpha-mechanism (N, T and Mz components),
- Toepler device with the field diameter 200 mm
* Computer type for data
processing : IBM/PC-386
* Possibility of videofilming
during the run : available
* Personnel : 4 technicians headed by a senior scientist
personnel : available
* Confidence guarantee : Confidence is guaranteed, a responsible official
may be appointed
* Accommodation : Recreation room, canteen
* Hotel : Hotel SB RAS 3* in 20 minutes' walk
* Previous contractors : NPO "Krasnaya zvezda" (Red Star), NPO "Energy"
* Aircrafts tested in WT : multiple models of reentry vehicles of "Cosmos"
type descending by balistic trajectories
* Time for test preparation
from model reception : several days depending on the test type
* One run cost : 300 $
* Productivity : 5 medium-complex runs per week
possibilities : simulation of aerothermal destruction of models
in hypersonic high-temperature flow
* Climat : continental, temperature range +-30 C
* Transport company : UPS