WIND TUNNEL T-327
* Basic performances : hypersonic nitrogen blowdown wind tunnel
fitted with graphite heater, conical nozzle in an
open jet configuration, exhaust to vacuum tank.
* Location : Novosibirsk, 630090, Institutskaya str. 4/1,
Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics SB RAS.
* Type, dimensions and
form of working section: Open jet configuration, rectangular test section
0,45 * 0,4 * 0,5m, conical nozzle, diameter of
homogeneous flow core about 0,1 m.
* Speed (Mach number) : V=1450-2200 m/s (Me=16-25).
* Reynolds number per 1m : up to 10^6.
* Way of speed (Mach)
changing : Four nozzles with Me=18, 20, 22, 24.
* Operation time : 40 sec.
* Vacuum pumps efficiency: 3 m^3/s.
* Material of WT
construction : stainless steel.
* What kinds of
possible? : Forces and moments, heat transfer,
Pitot pressure, density distribution, density
pulsations, electron-optic visualization.
* What types of sensors
are used to sense forces,
noise, etc.? : - 3-component strain-gage balance;
+ - 20 N for X,Y and 0,21 N*m for Mz;
- Infrared camera system, 1 frame/s, spectrum
range 1-6 mkm;
- Optical system for average and pulsation density
measurements on the base of nitrogen electron-beam
* Type of computer for data
processing and collecting: IBM PC/AT -386.
* Are there high speed
cameras available to
record visual information? Yes.
* Staff : 2 highly trained engineers and 1 technician headed
by Boris Sapogov. Phone: (3832) 35-35-28.
* Translators : Yes.
* Have WT manager who can
meet the security needs
of a customer as well as
the basic needs from the
testing company for
protecting the item being
tested? : Yes.
* Have WT accommodations
for test teams, housing
and food? : Yes.
* Nearest hotel,
available for test team
accommodation. : Hotel SB RAS 3* in 20 minutes' walk
* Most known previous
customers : NPO "Molniya", "Energiya".
* Most known planes,
vehicles or other
devices, tested in
recent years :"Buran".
* Time of preparing tests
from getting the model: 7 days.
* Price for staff/per week: $250.
* Price for tunnel
space/per week : $400.
* Other capabilities of WT: - test with blow out a gas from models surface;
- test models with surface cooling.
* Climate, temperature
variations at the place
of WT locations : Continental, +-30 C
* Transportations from
cargo terminal to WT :
* Have you any photos,
diagrams of WT that that
we could use in US to
market them? : Yes.