WIND TUNNEL T-333
* Basic perfomance : supersonic blowdown wind tunnel fitted with
ohmic air-heater, conical nozzle in an open jet
* Location : Novosibirsk, 630090, Institutskaya str.4/1,
Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
* Type, dimensions and
form of working section: Open jet configuration,
cylindrical working section 0,8 m lenth
and 0.8 m diameter, diameter of homogeneous
flow core about 0,3 m.
* Speed (Mach number) : M = 2 - 5.
* Reynolds number per 1 m: up to 10^8.
* Way of speed (Mach)
changing : Five nozzles with M = 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0,5.0.
* Operation time : T = 60 s (Q = 70 kg/s) and T = 600 s (Q = 15 kg/s).
* Heater power : 8 MW
* Gas holders : two gasholder pressure values: 1.9 MPa and 20 MPa.
* Material of WT
construction : Stainless steel.
* What kinds of
possible? : Forces, heat transfer, Pitot pressure, surface
pressure distribution, pressure pulsations,
shadow and laser-sheet visualization.
* What types of sensor
are used? : 2-components strain-gage balance;
+- 20 N for X,Y;
- shadowgraph optical system IAB-451;
- 50-canals strain-gage pressure sensor;
- 50-canals thermocouple;
- 3-dimensional probe-driver with accuracy +- 1 mm.
* Type of computer for
data processing and
collecting : IBM PC/XT; CAMAC-system.
* Are there high speed
cameras available to
record visual information?: Yes.
* Staff : 2 highly trained engineers and 2 highly skilled
technician headed by Boris Melamed. Phone:
* Translator : Yes.
* Most known previous
customers : NPO "Iskra", NPO "Altay", KB "Yugnoye".
* Most known planes,
vehicles or other
devices, tested in
recent years : solid rockets engin elements.
* Time of preparing tests
from getting the model : 14 days.
* Price for staff/per week: $1500.
* Price for tunnel
space/per week : $7500.
* Other capabilities of WT: - model tests with jet blow out