Wind tunnel AT - 303 is designed for the study of fundamental and applied problems related to provision of a long-time flight of promising scramjet-powered hypersonic flying vehicles in the Earth atmosphere. The obtained experimental data are used to study complicated gas- and thermal-dynamic processes appearing at such aircraft flight, and also to check the calculated models, to define their accuracy and reliability.
- full-scale simulation of the Reynolds numbers in the hypersonic range of velocities due to high pressure of the test gas in the settling chamber;
- long - run duration (40 - 500 ms at constant pressure) sufficient for obtaining a steady flow;
- very pure flow free of working gas dissociation, and also chemical and mechanical admixtures.
|General view of hypersonic wind tunnel AT-303|
The basis of the wind tunnel AT-303 is the test gas source*. In the initial position a valve in the settling chamber 4 is closed, and the pistons in the section of high pressure 3 are in the extreme position. Through a special Cowper-type heater 7, the settling chamber is filled with the test gas with pressure up to 200 atm and temperature up to 1000 Ê. When the driver gas with pressure up to 200 atm is supplied from receivers 1 to the pistons of hydraulic pressure multipliers 2, the pressure in the liquid increases up to 1500 atm and affects the pistons in the section of high pressure. The pistons begin to move, compressing adiabatically the test gas in the settling chamber up to pressure 3000 atm and temperature 2500 Ê. The velocity of piston motion is controlled by liquid flow through the throttling device 5. The next device activates the fast-acting valve in the settling chamber which opens the exit for the test gas to the nozzle.
*Test gas source - Patent of the Russian Federation No. 2166186.
Sketch of hypersonic wind tunnel AT-303
Principle scheme of the gas source
Technical parameters wind tunnel AT - 303:
|Nozzle diameter D, mm ||300 ||600|
|Settling chamber volume, dm3 ||6.4 ||6.4|
|Stagnation pressure Po, atm ||3000 ||3000|
|Stagnation temperature Òo, Ê ||2500 ||2500|
|Mach number M ||8-14 ||14-20|
|Reynolds number Reo ||6-107-1,5-107 ||2-107-2,5-107|
|Run duration t, s ||0,04 - 0,2 ||0,04 - 0,2|
|Test gases ||Air, nitrogen, CO., etc. ||Air, nitrogen, CO., etc.|
More characteristics of wind tunnel AT - 303
|Control system of the wind tunnel. Multi-channel data acquisition system|
|Visualization of the flow around a rake of heat-flux probes|
- Development and performance of aerodynamic test programs in the range of Mach numbers from 8 up to 20 at high Reynolds values
- Simulation of ramjet under conditions of pure air flow.
- Aerodynamic tests using any gases and mixtures for creation of working stream.
- Development and application of untypical methods of gasdynamic investigations and measurements.
Head of the Laboratory, doctor of physical-mathematical sciences Shipluk Alexander N., tel: (383) 330-24-64, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org