Investigation of the origin of turbulence in subsonic shear
Basic Research Activities
- Experimental study of the origin and evolution of disturbances
in two- and three-dimensional boundary layers.
- Investigation of localized vortex structures in transitional
- Investigation of flow topology and evolution of disturbances in
- Control of shear flows.
- A new (subharmonic) type of turbulence in the boundary layer has
- A new concept of laminar-turbulent transition for an elevated
level of free-stream turbulence has been proposed.
- A strong effect of small own disturbances on the flow structure
in laminar flow separation has been found and explained.
- Methods of control of the laminar-turbulent transition using
riblets have been developed.
- SWEDEN: Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Mechanics
- GERMANY: DLR Institute of Fluid Mechanics (Goettingen), Berlin
- SOUTH KOREA: Korean Institute of Advanced Science and Technology
Head of the Laboratory
Prof. Kozlov Victor Vladimirovich
tel.: (383) 330-42-78
fax: (383) 330-72-68