Development of physical and mathematical models of complex turbulent flows.
Basic research Activities
Experimental modeling of turbulent flows and development of methods for studying them (D.Sc. Prof. V.A.Lebiga).
- Turbulent shear layers and mixing flows for subsonic to supersonic flow velocities. Development of measurement methods of flow fluctuations and local concentration of components in a mixture of gases.
Modeling of relaxation phenomena in turbulent flows with large pressure gradients (D.Sc. V.M.Trofimov).
- The study of heat transfer mechanisms in acoustic-turbulent interactions.
- RUSSIA: TsAGI, (Zhukovsky); Baltic State Technical University (St. Petersburg); Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk State Technical University;
- USA: NASA Ames, Wright-Patterson Laboratory AFB, Rutgers University, Pennsylvania University;
- FRANCE: Laboratory of Fluid Mechanics and Acoustic ofTechnical University (Lyon);
- GERMANY: DLR Institute of Fluid Mechanics (Goettingen), German Research Society - DFG, Laboratoryof Aerodynamics and Gasdynamics of Technical University (Stuttgart), Laboratory of Fluid Mechanics of Technical University (Drezden);
- SWITZERLAND: Institute of Fluid Dynamics, ETH (Zurich);
- UKRAINE: Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, National Academy of Sciences (Kiev), State Aviation University (Khar'kov);
- TAIWAN: Aerospace Science and Technology Research Center, National Cheng-Kung University (Tainan).
Head of the Laboratory
Prof. Vadim A. Lebiga
tel.: (383) 330-39-21
fax: (383) 330-72-68