Basic Research Activities
- Interphase energy and mass transfer in dust-laden plasma flows.
- Superfast quenching of melted microdroplet impacting on the substrate.
- Methods of diagnostics of dusted plasma flows.
- New generation of plasma equipment for powder coatings deposition.
- Technologies of plasma spraying of powder coatings (wear-resistant, hydroabrasive-resistant, cavitation-resistant, thermal barrier, catalytic, biomedical, etc.).
- Computer design and optimization of plasma spray technology.
The Main Results Of Investigations: equilibrium solidification of melted microdroplets impacting on the substrate.
|Fig.1. Theoretical generalization of experimental results on splat thick- ness; the dashed line is the best known approximation.|
|Fig.2. Principal diagram of the laser-optical complex.|
- RUSSIA: Baikov Institute of Metallurgy RAS (Moscow); Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science SB RAS (Tomsk); Boreskov Institute of Catalysis SB RAS (Novosibirsk);
- JAPAN: Joining and Welding Research Institute, Osaka University; University of Fluid Science, Tohoku University (Sendai);
- FINLAND: Tampere University of Technology;
- CHINA: Beijing Institute of Aviation Technology.
Head of the Laboratory
Prof. Solonenko Oleg Pavlovich
tel.: (383) 330-46-42
fax: (383) 330-72-68